Friday, April 22, 2005

Movin' On Up

Today is Friday, April 22, 2005, the last day I will sit at this desk on the 7th floor of the 8th & Main Building on Richmond's Main Street. My law firm is moving this weekend to the Riverfront Plaza, East Tower at 951 East Byrd Street. Our firm closes at 3 p.m. today when the movers arrive. I'll have a brand new desk come Monday morning. I have said goodbye and thanks to our concierge who set up our conference rooms, our housekeeper who cleaned and stocked our bathrooms, and the Quiznos' folks who prepared my lunch on those days I didn't bring my lunch. I hope I will do as good a job purging and unpacking at home as I have in purging and packing my office.

In 5 days my precious daughter turns 30 and for her 30th birthday, I have scheduled a therapeutic facial and spa manicure for her tomorrow at a spa in Hoboken. I have ordered the Italian bracelet she wanted for her birthday to be delivered priority UPS mail. I hope she'll get it by April 27th. I have applied for my passport so that I can fly to Jamaica with her later in the year.

Tomorrow my Red Hat Society chapter will be traveling to Atlantic City without me. I will stay home and rest my sprained left ankle. I am grateful for all the many good friends and blessings in my life.

No comments: