Thursday, January 14, 2010

At Winter's End

Copyright 2010
Judith J. Bentley

At Winter's end through a field of mud
we made our final way to the river
where trees, bent and gnawed by beavers,
leaned into death like ghosts
stripped of their once glad breath.

Over fallen limbs we laid our fears
and talked of what had been eaten away
or heedlessly taken and would not return--
the quiet wreckage, the slow extinctions,
the forever missing things.

Before the rains had set in
or the groundhog had seen his shadow,
the red bird took refuge in the underbrush
and we felt a Presence that had long been sleeping
awaking under cover of night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]