Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mother's Letter 10.3.2008

Friday, October 3, 2008

[Mother's 94th birthday was on September 24th]

Dear Judith,

Recently I had a bad fall and blacked out. Dick got emergency to come. They got me up and in bed. I came to and was able to answer their questions. Since then I have poor mobility. I use my walker to take a few steps. I sit in my chair to eat and am trying to increase my strength by walking to the den and back. My sitter holds onto me. Dick walks close behind in case I fall. Yesterday I walked to the sofa and back 4 times. If God wants me to come through this, He will give me the strnegth to improve each day. I want you and Kate to have the two antique pottery pieces in the top shelf of the bookcase in the den. She has planned to come Dec. 7 or 9 for a few days visit.

I did not think I could make it to my 94 birthday but I did. Five ladies came to celebrate. I told them just come for a visit. Pam came from Virginia at great cost and risk to her health. She is just out of the hospital with pneumonia and is now on rehab. She stayed in a motel coming and returning. I figured she was trying to break the 8 hour trip. She brought a lovely cake but the ladies didn't visit long enough to cut it. Your lovely card came Tuesday. Martha Lou sent an arrangement for the Fall and Kate sent gerbur dasies. The preacher came yesterday with a member for 1 hour. Dick says he can see improvement. I will keep in touch.

Love, Mother

No comments: